Monday, May 12, 2008

Six Word Stories

So I read a Wired article about six word stories, the most famous of which was by Hemingway (For sale: baby shoes, never worn). There are dozens more by authors such as Alan Moore, Joss Whedon, Kevin Smith, Stan Lee, Frank Miller, etc.

Of course I'm no Hemingway but I decided to try my hand at some six word stories. It's much harder than it sounds, but it's also kind of addictive. Here is a few I came up with:

He plucks the strings. I sigh.

Futility: I repeat myself; nothing changes.

One thousand breaths, slowly pain subsides.

No calls. No messages. You're gone.


Four hundred beached whales at dawn.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

mike said...

You came. You sat. you sustained.

Yes?

Unknown said...

The gray crept into his beard.